Because of this, this lemon chicken recipe is light, and the nutritions of this dish speak for themselves. If you want a great tasting lemon chicken without the fat and calories, this is it.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cauliflower cut in florets
- 1/4 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup Sunflower cooked rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 lemons freshly squeezed (1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tbsp. mirin
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup cold water in a cup
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, mirin, sugar and soy sauce. Taste to ensure not too sour. Adjust accordingly.
- Heat non-stick frying pan or wok. On medium heat add olive oil and add onion and capsicum and stir fry for a couple of mins until softened. Add chicken breast; cook a further couple of mins or until cooked 3/4 through, then take off heat onto a plate and cover with foil.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrot to pan and stir fry. You can add some water to help steam the vegetables and you can cover with a lid if you like. Once softened to your liking add chicken and onion back to pan then add sauce mix. Mix until incorporated, tasting to see if it is to your pallet.
- Once you are happy with the taste add the cornflour and water mixture, this will thicken the sauce.
- Serve with your steamed rice.
Servings: 2 Serving size:471g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1970 kJ||419 kJ|
|471 Cal||100 Cal|
|Protein||45.7 g||9.7 g|
|Fat, total||10.1 g||2.1 g|
|- Saturated||2.0 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||43.2 g||9.2 g|
|- Sugars||19.4 g||4.1 g|
|Sodium||645 mg||137 mg|